music player
I made this music player at MyFlashFetish.com.

Friday, November 13, 2009

This and that

Frankly... I don't quite like the title. It feels like I'm not focused. And I'm about to ramble.

But yeah... I am about to ramble. Hence, tak pe lah .... there's always an exception from time to time.

AYAH

Did he just got a windfall or durian runtuh that he's not telling me about? First the GPS. Then the waterjet (just the waterjet - not the 'ski' yet hehe..). Then the PC mobile speaker set. And he's also been talking about upgrading his handphone. He's even contemplating on the k-ok set like our friend TAB owns.

Apakah?

Isyyyhhh.... Musykil ni!

Anyway... it's his money la kan? But of course I did remind him - Bang, jgn lupa register for Qurban ya?

p/s Wouldn't it be nice for a change if once in a while kaum Ayah shop spontaneously for baby's clothings? Or baby's toys at least? I did say once in a while kan?

HAFIZ

He missed an entire section of his English final exam paper (name the body parts of an animal - an elephant). Berangan jer budak sorang ni. I always had to remind him of the F word. FOCUS!! And when I asked him how come he missed that one whole section worthy of 10 points, he replied "Sorry Ibu, I guess I forgot the F word". Hmm...pandai pulak dia menjawab. Anak siapa ni? And he quickly answered the questions - easy peasy full 10 marks - but way too late. The irony is, with whatever remaining marks, he actually tops his class for English.

And he tops his class for Science too. Sikit lagi full mark.

But can't say the same for BM. Jauh panggang dari api - though he has improved. He finally clinched a B. That I must say, alhamdulillah. It proves that nothing is impossible (other than me improving my culinary skill .... ahaks!!)

By the way, Hafiz ni 'alphabets friendly' (now that's new....) for the time being. He didn't just score straight A (Science & English so far) but also B (BM so far) and C (Bahasa Arab so far).

Awaiting Maths paper anxiously. Hopefully not D !!!!

Sony PSP is at stake here OK?


AMEER

He is definitely following my footsteps when it comes to 'shopping'. Everytime we go out, he surely wants to buy something. No matter how small or how cheap. One day it's a Bakugan. Next, Ben 10. Another, Bumble Bee or sedara mara Transformers yang lain2. Quite a natural negotiator this one. His typical modus operandi: He will first pick an expensive one. And when I say "No Ameer! This is too expensive!", he will quickly go into scanning mode and grab another one that is, say .... one fourth of the price. He will run back to me and while still gasping for air - he will grab my hand and look into my eyes like a little lost puppy; "Ni murah je Ibu!". Has he been reading my kedai runcit minutes of meeting on competitive pricing or what? Hmmm.....Anak siapa ni?

And with him accompanying me for my practice on 'detaching from Baby Alisya' this past week in preparation for returning to work - this is translated into a short 2 hour trip to downtown Rawang, hopping from Bintang to Parkson to Guardian to Popular Bookstore, etc, from time to time MUAHAHAHA....... you can imagine ntah apa ke benda Ameer has successfully ended up with. Each time using the same modus operandi as above and despite knowing this, I still fall for it. Aiyaaa....

Sometimes I managed to switch his picking to another useful item. Like a tomato plant seed. So now he's experiencing live farming. Only problem is, I now have to answer the same question every now and then, "When will my tomato plant grow, Ibu?" or "What time of the day today will it grow the tomato?" . Padahal baru 2-3 hari tanam. LOL!!!

Oh! By the way, I got myself some seeds too. Tapi yang menanamnya Bibi... no surprise there ya? And during dinner last 2 nights, Ameer asked, "Ibu.... when will your PLATYPUS grow?" Ayah & I both ... what platypus? He was quick to clarify " Alah... the seed, the plant!". Ohhhh.... PETOLA la Ameer.... PE-TO-LA!!! Bukan platypus.

He simply replied, "Whatever..."

Ameer oh Ameer....

ABANG IDIN


Safely tucked in his hostel. Still wanting us to visit him every weekend - which is kind of mutual. Each visit I have to ask him, "What did you lose this time?". Ada jer barang hilang. Track bottom. Belt. T-Shirt. I kept asking, eyyy... sekolah 'integrasi' (i.e. sekolah agama turned full boarding school) pun ada yang panjang tangan ke? His reply was, "Sekolah yang Integrasi bu. Not the students...) Hmmmm....Pandai jugak dia menjawab. Anak siapa ni? The last draw for me was a very new Adidas T which was meant as a reward for something. What was it? His TaeKwando tournament ke? Tak ingat. I said, that's it. No more branded t-shirts to be brought to school. Yang tu kalau nak, kalau Ibu mampu lagi la nak beli lepas ni, you can only wear them during school hols.

Surprisingly, he also agreed with that suggestion. Generally, they (the kids) suspected the makcik cleaner. Once they saw her wearing a track bottom belonging to one of his dorm mates. How did they know? Oii.... terpampang nombor pendaftaran dobi on the side of the track bottom. Alahai Makcik!!!

But as for the branded Ts - I think it may be some other kids la. Don't think the Makcik cleaner can fit into Abang Idin size XS t-shirts.

BABY ALISYA

Ohhh...si princess ni.... musyuk, musyuk 'sanjerrrr' ( a combi of 'sayang' plus 'manja' - a term coined by WanShana). Will have a dedicated entry on her soon :)


So there goes my rambling on this and that. Happy day ahead people!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

despite the title, IBU is focused on the messages of her entry...a bit for everyone she loves...ah, that is motherly instinct at play for you...kalau tak berleter tak sah ! hehehe

Naz in Norway said...

Had a good laugh reading your rambling this morning.
My eldest (he's now 13) had the habit of picking 4 things everytime we go into toysrus. I told him off but he said that those are the only things that he liked. Catch 22.
Bargain, bargain, bargain...he said he's willing to go down to 2 (instead of 4). Not wanting to create a scene, I asked him to choose one and one only. So begins the long discourse on the value of each toy. bla bla bla. Lama lama i tak larat nak tunggu, I say *ah! ambik je lah dua dua*.
XD

Anonymous said...

IBU, that's a good live farming idea - plant tomato. The other day my MIL did the same for the pink fairy. Idea was to encourage stakeholder ownership and buy-in so that the little girl would start eating veg. Worked quite well except that we were wondering why is it that root veg (sweet potatoes, peanuts etc) keep dying. That we found out that our little friend would actually pull up the plant after a few days to check if the potatoes are there!!!

wanshana said...

Ibu,

Nak I tolong jawab kaaaa?

"SEMUA IKUT IBU DIORANG LAAAAA...." :)

Waaaaah, banyak inventory upgrade in the pipeline by Saba, ya? Yang I paling approve - the Karaoke system tu... I loike! Lepas ni bankrap la Red Box, ya? Hehehe!

So, next time makan-makan gathering kat Emerald, we can expect an all-night karaoke session lah ya, with marked improvement in Saba's and your singing skill? Habis lah the rest of us...Dah lah memang you all dah memang top of the class before this pun :) And oh ya, besides your wajib Ketam dish, must have Sop Platypus oso, okay? Hehehe! (So cute lah Ameer) :)

Anyway, see you tomorrow, dear. I have a feeling our all-girls brunch session will probably end up inclusive of hi-tea sekali... ;)

* By the way, it's "Shanjerrrr" :)

said...

hahaha ok Uncle Saba is definately having his good time!arr

Hafiz, i miss this boy! so muchhhhh;D
im not surprise about his english result. i mean, we're talking about hafiz, right. he is definately thinks english is the easiest subject.

Amer-part yang platypus tu comel la Amer ni hahhaha adoiii

and princess Alisya, i miss her too. everytime i put on some body lotion, it'll remind me of her! aww:)

oh idin kesian2, makcik cleaner ni apa hal laa hahha

anyhow, i miss Rawang people so much <33

arsaili said...

salam..waaa hope its not too late to wish tahniah for d new arrival...ad sonoknya abg dpt durian runtuh...want GPS too..but here no durian yang nak runtuh..ehehe

Ayah said...

aku ingat lagi masa mamat tu baru bellajar Pascal programming.... la ni dah high tech sungguh...

ps boleh design game roket dulu lagi tu ke?